The Human Resources Department supports all other departments within the Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma Government and Housing Authority. The department utilizes recruitment, hiring, training, and benefit administration to create a suitable, competent workforce. Listed below are some examples of the responsibilities of the Human Resources Department:
- Assist with the selection of new employees or departmental transfers.
- Onboarding of all new hires and assist in policy knowledge of existing employees.
- Management of the employee payroll process including monitoring deductions and distributing paychecks/direct deposits.
- Management of current employee benefits which include, but are not limited to: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
- Annual review of employee benefits cost and inclusions with current broker.
- Assist with employee relations relating to commendation, review, and discipline.
The Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer with a preference towards those who are members of the Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma or other Native American tribes.
Review employment opportunities as listed on the Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma website.
Create an account with the appropriate entity by completing one of the following:
- As a first time user, select Create Account at the right side of the page and follow the prompts; or
- Select the employment opportunity and the applicant will be directed to a screen with the detailed job description. Once to that location, select Apply for Job or Create Account and follow the prompts.
The following must be completed when creating a Candidate Profile and applying for an open position:
- Upload Resumé & Cover Letter
- Personal Information
- Education History
- Employment History
- Voluntary Self-ID of Veteran Status
- Review and Sign
An applicant will not be considered for any position if the application is not complete. Be sure to review and sign electronically before closing the web page.
Any questions regarding an application must be directed to the appropriate Human Resources Department. The contact information is listed at the top of each employment opportunity page.
The Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma provides a wide array of benefits to support employees and their family. Below is a list of the benefit options:
Tribal paid options available the first of the month after 60 days of employment:
- Medical Insurance (3 options provided through BlueCross BlueShield of Oklahoma)
- Dental Insurance (BlueCross BlueShield of Oklahoma)
- Vision Insurance (BlueCross BlueShield of Oklahoma)
- Tribal Paid Life Insurance Policy (Lincoln Financial)
Employee paid options available the first of the month after 60 days of employment:
- Family dental and vision coverage
- Elective life insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance (Lincoln Financial)
- AFLAC accident, cancer, hospitalization, and specified event insurance policies
Employee paid options available the first of the month after 90 days of employment:
- Flexible Spending Account – Health and Childcare (BasicPacific)
- 401(k) with a 6% tribal match (Mutual of America)
Employees begin accruing vacation and sick leave each pay period at the beginning of employment. This leave is eligible to be utilized upon the 90th day of employment.
All full time and part time regular employees are eligible for 13 paid holidays each year.
Tribal pay dates are bi-weekly; employees have the option of direct deposit after presenting Human Resources with valid banking information.
The Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma is located on East 750 Road, a quarter of a mile west off of Highway 177 in Lincoln County. Driving directions are below. To utilize Google Maps directions from your location, please use the map above.
Arriving from the North
From the intersection of Highway 33 and Highway 177 in Perkins, travel south through the town of Perkins. Follow Highway 177 approximately 3 miles south to 750 Road, turn right (West) on 750 Road. The entrance to the Iowa Tribal Complex is located on the right (North) side of the road approximately ¼ mile from the highway. The Human Resources Department is in the 1st (first) building on the left (West).
Arriving from the South
From the intersection of Highway 105 and Highway 177, travel north along Highway 177 approximately 4 miles to 750 Road (one mile north passed the Ioway Travel Plaza), turn left (West) on 750 Road. The entrance to the Iowa Tribal Complex is located on the right (North) side of the road approximately ¼ mile from the highway. The Human Resources Department is in the 1st (first) building on the left (West).
ITO HR Phone:
ITO HR Fax:
ITO HR Mailing Address:
Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma
Human Resources Department
335588 E. 750 Rd.
Perkins, OK 74059
Frequently Asked Questions
If the employee is a former/current employee for the Tribal Government or Housing Authority, please fax a verification sheet to (405) 547-1092. All verification’s of employment must be requested in writing.
If the request is for a Casino Enterprise or Grey Snow employee, please contact the HR Department at (405) 547-5352, option 3.